Thursday, January 29, 2009

On this date. . .

On this day in history:

One year ago today: My husband and children made a chocolate cake with mayonnaise in it instead of eggs. (Surprisingly tasty)

Six years ago today: I bought a great party dress for an upcoming Military ball that I looked fabulous in. (The day after attending the ball we found out that I was pregnant with kid #3--I didn't wear that dress again for two years)

Ten years ago today: I was feeling sorry for myself because my husband was on a trip to Korea without me.

Fourteen years ago today: I had my missionary farewell.

Nineteen years ago today: I had my first day on the driving range for Drivers Ed. I drove a Buick over a curb.

Twenty-two years ago today: My dad broke me out of school and took me and my older sisters to lunch at the Sky Room at BYU (it was the fanciest eating establishment I had ever been to)

Twenty-three years ago today: I got my braces on.

Thirty-one years ago today: My mom made sugar cookies that looked like the characters from Sesame street.


Thirty-five years ago today: I was born!!!

11 comments:

The homestead said...

Happy birthday! May you have many more!

Nielsen Family News said...

Many blessings on your head my dear friend- I love that you have such fantastic memories on the celebration of your birth! Happy, happy birthday!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I didn't skip down to the bottom line and as I read I was so impressed that you keep that great of a journal. Still, I don't think I would be able to remember that many things about my past birthdays.

Carolyn said...

You have always had an uncanny ability to remember the smallest details.

I couldn't even remember if you were turning 34 or 35 this year.

Carolyn said...

Oh... And Happy Birthday. How did you spend your day this year?

Meggen said...

There you go with that amazing (slightly eerie) ability to remember exactly what happened on specific dates! You are truly a joy! Happy birthday, my friend! Hope you spent it in a wonderful (and memorable) way! Love ya!

kelliemcc said...

Happy Birthday!

JoniGio said...

I remember those Sesame Street cookies! It was the first time in my entire life that I tried to frost something in a decorative way instead of just slapping on gobs of frosting. I'm sure that the cookies that I decorated looked like mutant muppet creatures.

PS: I have a present for you, but I might just send it with Marie when she visits in a few weeks.

Holly Sanders said...

Wow! You're old! Hope you have a happy one! I can't believe how well you have kept up your journal--I'm so very impressed.

samiam said...

I'm glad you were born! And this whole post made me very happy because it was like sitting in the choir room again in high school calling out different dates from a calendar and you being able to tell us exactly what we had been doing one year before!

Becky Rasmussen said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! I hope you were pampered.