Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"All these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good"

You've heard the story a million times in various talks or Ensign articles. You know, the one where a downtrodden individual opens their scriptures to a random page and there they find the exact answer for a problem or the comfort they desperately seek. It's as if the scriptures are delivering a direct message from the Lord.

Don't get me wrong--I'm not knocking the story. It has been true for me multiple times in my life.

It just seems that every time I try this little exercise lately I always seem to end up in Doctrine and Covenants 122.

Should I be concerned?

3 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

Surely that is supposed to be comforting, right?
Good luck with that!

The homestead said...

You are only tried with as much as you can handle. You must be a really incredible and strong person!

Carolyn said...

If you're concerned, I suggest that the next time you try this little exercise you do it with a stand-alone Book of Mormon. That way, you can't end up at Doct&Cov 122. :)

(Don't try it with a Bible. If you end up in the Old Testament, you may discover some unpleasant things I wouldn't wish on anyone.)