Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

A few weeks ago a friend of mine mentioned that she and several of our mutual friends had posted 25 random things about themselves to their Facebook pages. Since I am not currently on Facebook and probably won't be anytime soon, I thought I'd put my list of randomness here.

1. I've never hiked the "Y"
2. I'm a horrible speller
3. Mice creep me out so much that I'm a little uncomfortable around hamsters
4. I have been to 11 foreign countries on four continents
5. I often suffer from stress induced insomnia
6. I have eaten cow brain, intestine and stomach as well as silk worm larvae
7. I'm deathly allergic to honey bees
8. I once got trapped in an elevator in Prague
9. The only guy I've ever made out with is my husband
10. I like to tell people my favorite food is fresh fruit
11. My real favorite food is french fries
12. I have performed on stage at Carnegie Hall
13. I can't stand non-fat dairy products
14. I was once darn near fluent in American Sign Language
15. I got an "F" in Algebra in 10th grade
16. I am named after my grandmother
17. I have never had a speeding ticket(although I often deserve them!)
18. I was briefly the star of a Korean radio show
19. I don't like guacamole
20. I am actually an introvert with a few extroverted tendencies
21. I read the obituaries every day
22. I am part owner in two different business entities
23. My favorite sport is tennis
24. I'm a closet fast food junkie
25. I'm having a baby boy in June

3 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Nice how you slipped that last one in. Congrats!

I'm sad that I've basically lost my fluency in ASL. We used to rock.

But I love guacamole.

Carolyn said...

The introvert one surprised me. I haven't ever thought of you as being that way.

Ines said...

I loved reading this list! I'm suffering from stress/hormone induced insomnia myself, so that one I understand!