
This summer my kiddos learned to fish. This was the first--but not only--successful catch of the season. We got a "new to us" truck with great off road capability and my husband has had a ball going into the wilderness for family adventures. After a year in Iraq it has been so good for him to spend some time in our beautiful mountains!

We took a little family vacation to my husband's hometown for a few days over Pioneer Day weekend. Although we were less than an hour from home we stayed two nights in a hotel, spent one day at Lagoon (which the kids love and the parents can't stand!) and played for a day at the park with Grandma and Grandpa. We also stuck around long enough to see the local Pioneer parade. I LOVE parades and it's extra fun to go to one in a small town where they give away lots of stuff!




We also spent a weekend as a family at Snowbird. I love, love, love Snowbird in the summer. It is so refreshing to get a break from the summer heat. We spent an entire afternoon playing. There is so much to do! We did have a little mishap, however. Apparently it IS possible to wipe out on an Alpine slide. My oldest boy got going so fast he ended up taking quite a tumble. (That last picture was taken just minutes before the crash. He got pretty skinned up but was able to tough it out and still enjoy the rest of the day. He was even willing to try it again so that the slide wouldn't "beat him."

And then before we knew it the summer was gone and the past several weeks have been a whirlwind of homework, piano lessons, band practice, viola class, soccer games, flag football, scouts, activity days and other general busy-ness! Dad went back to work in August after a year out of the office followed by two months of playing. It has been a rather rough adjustment but it's getting better.
We're so grateful for our many blessings and all the memories we share as a family!

Happy Fall!!
2 comments:
1. Can you and yours take me and mine fishing sometime? I never really cared much to go fishing until I ate a plate of fabulous rainbow trout at a fancy restaurant a few years ago, and now I want to be able to have that amazingly fresh taste more often. (Of course, with someone else taking care of the fish guts.)
2. If you ever need a "Grandma" with you at Lagoon to watch the little one on the small rides while you take the big kids on the big rides, give me a call. I experienced extreme motion sickness the last time I went to Lagoon, and decided I NEVER need to get on a twirly ride or roller coaster again. So I'm perfectly content to walk around with a little one and take lots of pictures.
3. That last photo of Hee Haw farms sure brings back memories! Your number 3 was just a little guy when I went there with you. Your kids are all growing up so fast!
Love You!
To-do lists are what keep us sane, huh? I keep thinking we will go fishing....still needs to happen. Your kids look so grown-up it is almost unbelievable. You look great.
Post a Comment